I can full-out say that this year was the best of my life. I think back to May when this whole new passion of roadtrips started up and I can't believe how far we've gotten since then. A lot of 2009 was spent in my car with my two best friends heading to some unknown town or an exciting big city. All for the same reason of course. Music. Music has always been the number one priority on my list and my biggest value. I can honestly say that this year it somehow managed to ascend from number one position. Nobody understands except a few people and I don't really mind. If everyone felt the same, it just wouldn't be that special. I've said this before but I'll say it again. My best friends in the world I met because of music. And I know that the three of us can proudly say that we've met a hell of a lot of interesting people along the way. I wouldn't change a bit of it. Not even the sad parts, the goodbyes or the wonderings. It happens sometimes. Those moments are just there to remind us of the strong bonds we share with certain people.
So while recapping the year 2009, I guess it really was all about music. But I also can't forget my summer spent in the Bahamas. I really had the time of my life, and when your apartment is 10 steps away from the beach, there's nothing much you can complain about. It was really good for me on a personal note. The only thing that made this summer less fun than it should have been was the fact that I was missing the other parts of me.
On a complete other hand, I am really annoyed at something. 2009 HAD to have it's bad parts right? I'm living it right now. There's nothing that annoys me more than that. Don't ignore your friends because of this new guy in your life. Don't plan to skip out on our family New Years Party just so you can go kiss him at midnight.
I promise when the day comes I won't be like that. Because friendship is right up there with music. Something I couldn't do without.
Bring on 2010. I'm so ready.
"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow."
"Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits"
"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right"
1 comment:
Well said Jenn! 2009 really was all about the music. If May wasn't all about that, then I'm pretty sure October was. I can't wait to spend 2010 with you ladies. The two of you make this whole experience worth it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Spanky <3
Post a Comment