Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Home is where the heartache is

I've been home for about five days from what I can honestly say was one of the best trips of my life. Ten days in my favorite city, with my favorite person. Vancouver 2010.

As we touched down in Montreal after having extended our trip, I was still on such a high. As a matter of fact, I still am now. Just thinking back on how life can be lived so much differently with people you only met hours ago. I've never clicked with so many people that fast. Anybody who knows me can tell you that I used to have a lot of trouble with settling in. I don't know what has changed over the years, but I never felt as comfortable as I did when I walked through those doors. Whatever we would do, it felt as if we had all grown up together and the inside jokes just kept on coming. Sometimes I find it sad that this country has to be so big.



As a result of my love for this city, I have officially decided that I will go spend anywhere between 6 and 12 months in Vancouver starting next fall. This has been in my plans for as long as I can remember. I honestly can't pinpoint one thing alone that draws me to this city. It must be the mix of the mountains, the ocean, the music scene, the people & the endless possibilities.

I've never been so excited for something before, and I'm thinking that's a good sign.
11 months & COUNTING.

No comments: