It was the first time I stayed at an all-inclusive with 7 other teenagers and no parents. Working at Sandals for three and a half months was NOTHING compared to this. I thought that my time spent there in the Bahamas had ruined these resorts images for me but I'm glad to say I can draw the line between employee and guest. And guest is a HELL of a lot funner.
We pretty much let ourselves loose for 7 nights, always something to eat in one hand and a Rum Punch in the other. We met about 20 other people our age from Quebec so we really grew into a big gang. And its only now that I'm home that I realize how much fun we all had together. I'm not gonna lie, I really miss our gang. I didn't know I could go one week with certain people and not get sick of them. I actually surprised myself. Everybody got along and we had so much fun dancing the nights away, being called up on stage during shows, and playing beach volleyball at sunset.
I've never felt this way after a vacation. I guess because that week was different than the usual family vacation i'm used to taking. We could really do whatever we want and make our own decisions on what was okay or not. There were a few regrets from some people but I'm glad how everything turned out. We're young, it's time to do these types of things.
Until next year; Baila la calle de noche, baila la calle de dia.
A few memorable quotes:
- Qu'on m'apporte une pabst
- Qu'on m'apporte un plateau
- Frank the tank
- Sha Sha Sha
- Isn't Belgium like, famous for like, chocolate?
- Y a tu d'la bière icitte?
- You're beautiful, I looooveeee you
No comments:
Post a Comment